Monday, January 7, 2013

Set back

I've had a slight set back in my "move more" goal. This past weekend I slipped into old habits and had the TV (well, the iPad, but same principle) on and just sat for most of the weekend. I also slept in both days, resulting in my sleeping in till 10am this morning. I am not quite behind today, and have a bit of a headache (I'm hoping some hydration helps with that).

My habit is to let this minor set back completely derail me. However, part of changing habits is dealing with hiccups in a different way and that's what I'm going to do instead. So I'm going to go put the roast in the crock pot, work on hydration, do 10-20 minutes of cardio later this afternoon (headache permitting), and get to bed at a reasonable hour tonight. The TV is staying off until Bones at 8pm, and when Bones is over the TV is going off again.

I did go buy new pillows on Saturday, and I have been sleeping much more soundly since then, and I'm not waking up with contact pressure headaches. So at least there's that positive thing to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment