Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Feeling Down

I've been feeling down the last few days.  Every so often I get very frustrated and overwhelmed by the things in my apartment. Right now I have too much furniture, and too large furniture. It takes up way too much space and I feel claustrophobic trying to move around. Also I can't get to the things I want to do, like sewing, because there is too much stuff in the way. Finally, there is so much little stuff all over everything that I can't get organized despite constant trying. So now instead of feeling relaxed at home I feel anxious and overwhelmed, which spills over into my work and school life and interferes with my performance there. That further spirals me down until I'm left sitting in my chair staring off into space in an effort to escape.

So today I've decided to spend the morning going through the things and really thinking hard on what I need. And if I don't really, really need it, I'm going to put it in a bag for donation. And then, I am actually going to take the bags to a donation site, instead of having them sit around on the floor taking up more space. I wish it was the garage sale time of year because I'd have a patio sale, but it really isn't and I can't wait 6 months for good weather to come around. I've got a few things up on Craigslist, but around here it's a one in a million chance that selling on Clist will actually work and while I wait and wade through the scam after scam after scam, the stuff is still here, taking up space in the physical and mental areas of my life. So away it goes. I have a friend who calls it "buying peace" when she gives things away. I could use some peace, and those less fortunate than me can use generosity more than greed.

And on a final note, I want to make it abundantly clear that I do really, really need all my yarn.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're feeling better today.
    Good for you for getting rid of "stuff"
    I bet you don't even miss it in a couple of months.
    But will enjoy the freedom of not having to dust them.

    ReplyDelete