Monday, February 4, 2013

February Check-in

January went fairly well. I'm building a habit of going to the gym twice a week, I've found a machine that I really like using, and watching Netflix really does make it feel faster than 30 minutes. So far I've lost about 3 pounds according to the scale, but I think I've also been building muscle.

I finally finished a long outstanding spinning project, 2 ounces of carbonized bamboo is now 336 yards of heavy lace weight yarn.

I found a fantastic deal on a new (to me) wheel this past Saturday, so I purchased a Lendrum with awesome accessories, and so far it's been a wonderful spinning wheel. Most importantly it does not hurt my back the way the Joy did during long spinning sessions.




I am still tired from this past Saturday, which was the annual Newport spin-in. The weather was perfection, the company was excellent, the bargain on my wheel was epic. But it was a whole day of being around lots of people and being engaged and social, which is really quite draining for me. Yesterday was a wash for me as it was mostly spent on recuperation, today might require a bit of white tea to get me going. I've got lots to do for work and school, and I'm determined this week to not fall behind on things.

1 comment:

  1. "So far I've lost about 3 pounds according to the scale, but I think I've also been building muscle." Good work!!!It's a great start.

    ReplyDelete